All audio clips originated as parts of interviews conducted by the author. They were taken from the tapes of his original interviews with the soldiers.
The clips are presented in RealAudio format. To download a RealAudio player, head to http://www.real.com/products/player.
Radio transmission from Oct. 3 1993 ( 5 seconds; 8 K)
- Staff Sgt. Ed Yurek on finding a school full of children in the middle of the fighting (1 minute, 37 seconds; 100K)
- Michael Durant on protecting himself after the crash (35 seconds; 34K)
- Michael Durant talks about when Somalis got to the crash scene (1 minute, 5 seconds; 64K)
- Michael Durant on waiting for the mob to find him (45 seconds; 45K)
- Jeff Struecker on how the radio communications became chaotic (25 seconds; 25K)
- Jeff Struecker talks about cleaning up the vehicle (35 seconds; 35K)
- Jeff Struecker on how to deal with battle anxiety (55 seconds; 55K)
- Matt Eversmann on being a target on top of the humvee (1 minute, 5 seconds; 65K)
Chapter 14, Chapter 22
- Sgt. First Class Paul Howe talks about the Delta Force's mindset in a battle zone (59 seconds; 59K)